Construction and Evolution of Union Theological Seminary Campus


Construction began in September 1908 and continued until 1910, when classes in the buildings began on September 28, 1910. Many of these photographs show the native stone that was used from the site to construct the campus buildings.

Broadway and 120th St. C-6795. General view, looking north from 120 street

Grant's Tomb, with the columns and pointed roof, can be seen in the background left of the image.

Click here for item information
Broadway and 122nd St. C-6742

Notice the C. L. Smith Co. written on the crane.

Click here for item information

The Burke Library (Columbia University Libraries) / 3041 Broadway at 121st Street / New York, NY 10027 / (212) 851-5606 /